Christie Golden is the contributor for this week’s Take Five, a regular series where we ask authors and editors to share five facts about their latest books. Her book, Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Ascension, is available now.
As Luke and Ben Skywalker pursue the formidable dark-side being Abeloth, the Lost Tribe of the Sith is about to be sundered by an even greater power—which will thrust one Dark Lord into mortal conflict with his own flesh-and-blood.
On Coruscant, a political vacuum has left tensions at the boiling point, with factions racing to claim control of the Galactic Alliance. Suddenly surrounded by hidden agendas, treacherous conspiracies, and covert Sith agents, the Jedi Order must struggle to keep the GA government from collapsing into anarchy.
The Jedi are committed to maintaining peace and ensuring just rule, but even they are not prepared to take on the combined threats of Sith power, a deposed dictator bent on galaxywide vengeance, and an entity of pure cunning and profound evil hungry to become a god.
1. Wynn Dorvan’s beloved pet Pocket was created in response to a casual request by fellow author Troy Denning. Troy wanted to make a quick reference to a trendy pet known as a “chitlik,” and asked me to have the then-unnamed Dorvan, known only as “Daala’s assistant,” own one of the popular critters. I gave Wynn Pocket, and both of them took on lives of their own.
2. The Indigo Tower restaurant is named after my beloved black cat Indigo, to whom I had to say a loving farewell in late July of 2010.
3. Moff Vanysn was, appearance-wise, modeled after David Niven.
4. I watched documentaries on Pompeii to visually research the volcanic eruption later in the book.
5. Ship may actually be my favorite character.