Suvudu

You Choose the Next Star Wars Title!

Dash RenderMichael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff have once again come together to write a great Star Wars novel, but there’s a problem—we don’t have a title!

So how about a little help?

That’s right—for the first time ever, we’re reaching out to you, our awesome readers, to help name the first Star Wars thriller (oh—did I forget to mention that this is a thriller?). What we’re asking is that you read the teaser below and then vote for the title you most want to see for this all-new Star Wars story (which comes out in Fall 2011).

Stranded on Tatooine with a broken-down hyperdrive, Dash Rendar and crew—his Nautolan copilot, Eaden Vrill, and a droid named Leebo—have to find a way to raise credits. It comes in the lovely form of Javul Charn, a multi-talented human holostar being stalked by an over-zealous fan. She needs bodyguards to protect her during her tour along the Corellian Run; Dash needs credits. It’s a perfect match… until things begin to go wrong—seriously and dangerously wrong. By the time Dash realizes that the threat to Javul is not what it seems, he’s in up to his neck in a conspiracy that goes much deeper than anything he would have signed up for. Even with the help of his hated rival—Han Solo—will Dash be able to protect this spoiled entertainer, all the while being reminded that he couldn’t protect his own family?

Here’s your chance to say that you helped on a Star Wars novel… may the Force be with you!

***

Also—while you’re at it—make sure to check us out on Facebook at Star Wars Books!

25 Responses to “You Choose the Next Star Wars Title!”

1. Master Devwi says:

The above titles are decent, but I really liked Holostar. It sounds cool and has a Star Wars feel to it. If I had the choice, the book would be called Star Wars: Holostar.

2. Noam Bonneau says:

Holostar, definitely. It’s basically a Star Wars concept.
    Shadow Games/Play was (probably) used will (probably) be used by other franchises.
    Pursuit sounds boring and there was a Boba Fett novel with that title.

Holostar. Best choice.

Did I say Holostar?

3. Bob the Monkey says:

I voted Shadow Play, but I think Holostar is the best.

4. Karwan89 says:

Holostar was better option… This three are poor and don’t tell anything about the story.
    I voted Pursuit.
    May the Force be with You!

5. KishoMeteora says:

voted for ‘Shadow Games’ as it’s best of the bunch but tbh I prefered just ‘Holostar’

6. Mikael Hultberg says:

This sounds promising. Eaven though it’s set partly on Tatooine (which has been used alot lately in SW books) and partly because Han Solo is in it (he’s also in alot of SW books lately, we’ll soon run out of room for his adventures with all the stories set containing him set in the years before A New Hope).

But I love the classic era and will probably love this book too. Name it “Shadow Games” and I’ll be very happy.

xoxo Mike

7. Darth Henning says:

Pursiut has already been used for one of the Boba Fett Junior Novels, so that’s out.

Shadow Play sounds…well…think about it..

Shadow Games it is!

8. dpomerico says:

Hey, all–just wanted to let you know the reasoning behind changing from HOLOSTAR. Ultimately it was felt around here that while there is a holostar as one of the main characters, the feel of this book is much more like a traditional thriller than an adventure, and we wanted it to have a slightly darker, slightly more exciting edge.

I honestly think once you get a chance to read the novel that you’ll see that one of these three titles truly works best for this story, and I’m pretty sure you won’t be disappointed.

I know I’ve had a great deal of fun working on this book with Michael and Maya, and I think they’re excited to see what you all choose to name this novel.

All the best,

David Pomerico
    Del Rey Spectra Editorial

9. Jake rondo says:

I like the name pursuit, even if it has been used before. I love to sniff farts too

10. jSarek says:

The problem is, while those titles may be more appropriate, they’re also hopelessly generic.

Neither of the “shadow” titles give any sense of what the book is about or provide a memorable hook to the reader, and once again fall into the tired “dark/shadow” titling theme that Star Wars has overused. While Pursuit is *slightly* more descriptive and avoids that trap, it has been used already for a Boba Fett YA novel, as Darth Henning pointed out.

11. Micha? Przybylak says:

Holostar was much better than these new ones :/

12. Henry yanks says:

I like to sniff farts

13. T-Arsch says:

Shadow Play… really? Sounds like something disturbing involving a minor.
    I voted for Pursuit, but wasn’t aware that there already is a Star Wars novel with that title. I guess Shadow Games is good. Reminds me of Patriot Games or Reindeer Games, which would emphasize the thriller aspect David Pomerico talked about.

14. Kar Vastor says:

I figure it is no coincidence that Dash looks like Kevin Costner being that the plot sounds like the movie “The Bodyguard”. If Javul Charn is drawn like Whitney Houston as well, just name it “Star Wars: Bodyguard”

15. Old Master Ben says:

Sorry guys, I like Holostar the most as well. I voted for Pursuit though, but wish Holostar had been a part of the poll to see how the fans feel about it. Cool idea though.

16. Garr says:

I think it should be called The Bodyguard staring Kevin Costner as Dash Rendar.

17. Onoma94 says:

I think only good title was “Holostar”.

18. thraclark says:

me agrada la idea que los fans podamos ayudar en algo con esta saga,,el titulo en si por el que vote es lo mas obvio pues la sinopsis dice que es asi,,,

19. MK Bohnhoff says:

Just a word about the plot. The Bodyguard, it ain’t. So you see, if it was called that, it would horrifically misleading and a bunch of pre-teen girls would buy it and cry out with great tween angst when their expectations of dreamy romance were rudely, rudely quashed.

20. Barz says:

I like Holostar. Using “game” or “shadow” reminds me of Ender’s Game or Ender’s Shadow.

21. Pafford says:

It apparently takes two people to change the names and locations in The Bodyguard to The Bodyguard in Space (now with Han Solo!). Was one of them in charge of renaming people and the other one got places, or did they just take turns?

Ok I’m being unfair — no where in that description did it say that Dash and Javul hook up.
    We all know there’s absolutely no way Dash Rendar would *ever* start a romance with that stuck up singer, Javul Charn! Sure it would conveniently solve a lot of the plot points revolving around Dash’s loss of a family and the tense relationship with his employer, but…

No don’t tell me. In this book?

How about Star Wars: Shadow Plot

22. Acebat Returns says:

Have to go with Shadow Games.

Could it not be Holostar:Shadow Games??

Might come in handy if there is any future prequels or sequels.

23. Jo Smirk says:

And the winner is…..

Star Wars: Attack of the Scoundrels

You love it!

I know!

24. Mattr0polis says:

I also MUCH prefer Holostar. Glad to see I wasn’t alone.

25. gambler’s trap should be a great title for a star wars title i’m a big star wars fan and i’m always looking for up dates the next new novals coming out many thakns paul robinson